Tuesday 23 November 2010

Osteopathy and Banana Pancakes

I was recently perusing the delicious menu at a restaurant with a friend.  And like those times when your eyes are bigger than your stomach, everything looked good.  My friend noticed they offered banana pancakes, but in the end, we decided to share a chocolate cake.  But this would not be the end for the banana pancakes.  The next day, I was thinking of what to cook for a snack and the idea of banana pancakes came back to me.  So, I quickly looked up a recipe on the Internet and after some flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, a little oil and bananas, I was enjoying restaurant-like banana pancakes at home.
So, this made me think of how banana pancakes is like our health.  In this case, I was at a restaurant one day wanting banana pancakes, and the next day, because of choices I made and action I took, I was eating banana pancakes.  It is like our health, when we are in pain, perhaps due to a headache, back pain, old sports injury or an accident, we want to feel better.  Good health can be only a decision or one action away.  Just as you can decide what to eat, you can choose to try a new therapy like Osteopathy or another treatment, and it may be the answer to your pain.  Or, at least you can gain a new or different perspective on your pain and its cause.
In some ways, maybe my Osteopathic clinic is like a kitchen because I think my patients enjoy coming sometimes, I treat you like you are in my own home, and after your treatment I hope you feel better like you just had some banana pancakes.  The choice is yours, try something new, if you have any questions, give me a call or email today.
Dickson Wong
Osteopathic Practitioner

No comments:

Post a Comment